Petrof were established in 1864 by Antonin Petrof. Petrof learned piano making from his uncle, Jan Heitzmann, in Vienna. Antonin returned to Bohemia in 1864 and built his first pianos in his father's workshop. In 1874 A.Petrof moved to larger facilities for manufacturing pianos. In 1883 Petrof pianos started to build upright pianos. In 1939, like most European piano companies, Petrof's factory was used for WWII and the company was taken over by the state in 1948.
The company increased their production of building smaller vertical upright pianos and smaller grand pianos in 1954. The 100,000th instrument carrying the Petrof name was produced in 1963. In 1991 the privatization of the Petrof company began and it is now back in the hands of the Petrof family. The company started distribution to America in 1985 and is now one of the most sucessful and sought after piano makers in the world.
|Petrof Grand Manufacturing||Petrof Factory||Petrof Factory Floor|
All prices are in GBP